Creator: Michael Tunison, football blogger at KissingSuzyKolber.com. His book, The Football Fan’s Manifesto was published by Harper Collins in 2009.
Purpose: The essential rules and ten commandments that every football fan should know.
The Football Fan’s Ten Commandments
1. You Must Choose Your Team by the Age of Eight.
2. Value That Team Above All Else, Even Yourself.
3. Under No Circumstances Can You Switch Teams (And Expect to Live).
4. There is a Limit to the Amount of Merchandise You Can Own (But It’s Very Generous).
5. Sportsmanship is for the Athletes. Fans Can Gloat Endlessly.
6. A Self-Induced Coma to Skip the Off-season is a Practical Solution to an Annoying Problem.
7. An Inoffensive Fantasy Football Name is a Lame Fantasy Football Name.
8. Wealth Doesn’t Matter So Long As You Don’t Have to Work Weekends.
9. Respect Superstitions. If Your Team Lost, It’s Because You Jinxed Them.
10. In Life, the Order of Importance: Football First, Football Second, Football Third, Family . . . uh, I Don’t Know, twelfth?
Authors Blog: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/