Creator: Cauchy Complete, blogger
Purpose: Guidelines for Scrappy Quilt Design.
The Scraptacularity Manifesto
• I believe that one ought to use every last piece of fabric. Nothing goes to waste.
• I believe that no scrap is too precious to slice and dice, although some cute fussy-cuts can capture my heart.
• I believe that one need not confine a quilt’s palette to one designer’s fabric line, although sometimes that’s pretty fun to do.
• I believe that a quilt’s color palette need not be limited at all, although sometimes that’s exactly what you want to do.
• I believe in (carefully) mixing fabrics (cottons, silks, linens, etc) and textures.
• I believe in careful, sound construction, although the appearance might be delightfully wonky.
• I believe in squaring-up often and using steam when pressing.
• I believe in simplicity among chaos.
Manifesto Blog Post: http://cauchycomplete.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/scraptacularity-a-manifesto/