Brian Shiro is a NOAA geophysicist, a NASA researcher, and co-founder of Astronauts for Hire. He’s also an astronaut hopeful!
Brian Shiro wants to be an astronaut. And, now that NSAA has started to recruit more astronaut candidates he offers his top eight things that he has learnt from talking with astronauts and astronaut hopefuls.Want to be an Astronaut? Here's 8 tips to launch your career #manifesto Click To Tweet
Astronaut Hopefuls Manifesto
- Clarify why you want to be an astronaut
- Set realistic expectations
- Every decision counts
- Prepare your body and mind
- Work well with others
- Meet people and learn from them
- NASA isn’t the only path one can take to become an astronaut
- Be authentic and enjoy the journey!
A classically simple rule based manifesto written as a simple easy-to-read article. It also shows that you can write a manifesto about almost anything.
Most of his suggestions sound simple and would fit well in other manifestos. However, #7 stands out because it’s so specific to his topic.